Hennock prides itself on being a wonderful place in which children and adults can grow, challenge themselves and learn. Our staff and families support each other and are fully committed to nurturing children as ‘thinkers’, ‘achievers’ and ‘risk takers’. It’s a place where excellence is expected and successes are celebrated alongside positive efforts – a small school can celebrate achievement for all. We encourage children to know themselves well, to be adventurous and to hold resilience at the very core of their being.
Responsibility and respect play a big role in our culture. Our School Council strap line ‘To Make a Difference’ is just as it says. Pupils play a real and significant part in shaping their school and contributing to their community. They are passionate, generous and well-informed. It is our aim that every pupil feels like they belong at Hennock, and this is naturally followed by the fact that they will achieve, often beyond their own expectations. Instilling a sense of self-belief through valuing, encouraging and insisting on high expectations is something we look for daily – we recognise here that every communication matters.
Our creative approach to learning drives our growth as pupils, staff and families. Our curriculum is led by an approach steeped in experiences and hands-on learning. We strive to ensure that personal engagement underpins all we do and give time to the importance of learning to learn – children discussing their own thoughts and feelings as learners is fully embedded in our ethos. We ‘squeeze’ every available learning opportunity for our pupils out of the minutes they spend in our care with the aim of developing a lifelong love of learning.
As a Multi Academy Trust we want to be known to be nationally recognised for putting our pupils first by:
- Delivering educational excellence underpinned by strong moral values
- Each learner exceeding their aspirations in a quality learning environment
- Highly motivated, research-led, passionate teaching
- Schools being at the heart of and an integral part of their community
- Being a partner of choice
Our mission is to deliver the best for our children, families and communities through:
- Innovative approaches to learning
- The development of partnership and collaborative working to create a cutting edge approach
- An uncompromising approach to health, safety, nurturing and inclusion
We will achieve this by investment in:
- High quality provision for staff and their pathways to success
- School environments that provide stimulating learning spaces
- Strong business planning to maximise the Trust’s geographical range and collective expertise
Every Academy within our Trust has considered exactly what they offer their pupils and this has been summarised as:
Small Schools, Big Opportunities-
- Unforgettable experiences- setting the foundations for life
- No ceiling, the highest possible achievement for all
- Individuality valued, collaboration not competition
- People matter, every interaction, every moment